Kindle Fire InstallationUse these instructions to download and install the cloudLibrary™ by bibliotheca app on your Kindle Fire. This process requires Kindle 2nd generation and higher. To learn more your Kindle Fire use the information here in the “Models” table
The Kindle app will NOT notify you of system updates. To get the latest version, uninstall and reinstall the app using the instructions below.
First, enabled your Kindle for apps from “unknown sources”.
Kindle Fire1. Go to the settings menu by tapping the gear icon at the top (Some Kindles you will have to swipe down from the top of the screen to get the Quick Settingsmenu and tap More.)
2. Choose Device (on some Kindles you will have to choose Settings then Device..
3. Tap on the option to Allow installation of Applications from Unknown Sources to “on”..
Kindle HD1. Swipe down from the top of the screen. This pulls up the Quick Settings menu.
2. Tap More.
3. Choose Settings then Device. On some Kindle Fires, you will need to go to Applications..
4. Tap on the option to turn on Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources..
You are now ready to download and install the cloudLibrary app.
Please use the Silk browser on your Kindle to complete the following steps.
1. Tap on the Silk browser icon and navigate to yourcloudLibrary.com
2. Navigate to the Kindle Fire icon
3. Tap the button below to download the Kindle Fire App file.
4. Tap Confirm to the download prompt.
5. Tap Download complete. If prompt disappears, navigate to the Silk browser's menu in the upper left hand corner, tap the Downloads folder and then tap the MMMCloudLibrary file to begin installation.
Note: Some versions of the Silk browser have issues getting the installation to begin. If you tap on the file and installation does not start please update the operating system on your device to version Fire OS 5.1.1 or tap here for additional instructions.
6. When asked “Do you want to install this application?” tap Install.
7. When the app installed screen appears, tap Done.
8. Tap on the Home icon. If the cloudLibrary app isn’t on your home screen go to “Apps”
9. Tap on the cloudLibrary icon to open the app. Perform the following steps inside the app.
10. Tap the screen and then tap the Connect to Your Library button.
11. Select your Country from the drop down and then choose your State.
12. Select your Library from the list.
13. Enter your Library id and pin if required and tap log in.
Installation is complete. You are ready to use the cloudLibrary.
Note: The dictionary feature of our app is unavailable on the Kindle Fire. This is a known issue.